Friday 6 January 2006

Epiphany

That's what today is - or twelth day, take your pick. It's all to do with magi and stuff and of no real consequence to me. What it does mean is that the xmas tree will soon be making a pilgrimage to the green waste recycling bin and my *cof* extensive decorations can come down. A sign that the winter/new year hiatus is over and it's time to press on with new projects.

So what's in store this year? Well nothing too ambitious yet: Bathroom will need addressing soon and various bits of DIY to finish off but this year I'm hoping is one to find balance. Balance between work and play, between training and twatting about, between exercise and exotic dancing. So shall be looking for a few things to challenge myself with while trying to enjoy the ride a bit more.

Have foolishly put my name down for 'The Steyning Stinger' in March. An offroad hall-marathon - so, essentially twice the distance I've raced over before plus added hills. Better get training!

Oh, an I've turned up in Delbert's blog. God knows why but go and say hello, he's an entertaining sort of fellow. Probably not all there like but he seems harmless enough...

8 comments:

  1. Like it: Mission, Vision, Goals. For the last two years me and Tab have written a list of what we achieved last year, and what we want to achieve this year. This year's will probably be this weekend. I expect the goals will be a little different this year, for obvious reasons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title I thought you meant you'd HAD an epiphany, and were going to explain how you now understood the meaning of life. Oh well.

    Yes we must all set goals for the new year! I shall do 3 things: Free myself from debt; Become a MCSE; and acquire the physique of Tyler Durden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known that for ages but it's my secret... ;o)

    Right, regarding your last point I'm organising a fight club at the community centre. Unfortunately the only free spot is on tuesday afternoons and we'll have to share the main hall with the over 50's tango class. But there will be tea and biscuits available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gavin -- it's a great idea! I think it's important to set yourself those kind of goals [and Adam actually comes across as a bit of an expert like! :-) ]. I ought to put something down on paper too......that in itself is a goal for me! Oh, I am bad at this kind of stuff. I am difficult to motivate at present and have been for the past year due to health-related issues. My goal is to get well again. Let's hope my doctor and Co. pull themselves together...

    In any case: I wish you lots of luck, will-power and success -- and don't forget to keep us updated on your progress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are things going with your aims for 2006, Gav? You've been a wee bit quiet recently.....


    [there's nothing like a Dane stressing you out because she constantly pushes for blog-updates. Sorry. It's because I care]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe :-D I just noticed you have a new picture! It's splendid -- I love it! :-D

    Pink is definitely your colour, Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, yes not had a lot that seemed worth talking about lately! But keeping busy, running cycling, playing with new computer to see what it can do.

    The pink aprom was my outfit for Saab Salomon Mountain Mayhem last year - a 24 hour bike race. I got a lot of crowd 'appreciation'! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers for the update :-)

    You got a lot of crowd attention wearing that apron -- now that does not surprise me one bit, Gavin ;-)

    ReplyDelete